About this workshop
Many teams struggle to deliver value early and frequently. Teams often work on what is easiest, lowest risk, or most familiar because they just don’t know who all their stakeholders are and what those stakeholders value.
The first Agile Principle says “Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software”, but even Agile teams can fall victim to delayed or inadequate value delivery. Maximizing velocity and delivering lots of story points doesn’t guarantee delivering lots of value.
Teams that use Value-driven Delivery create stakeholder value early and often, based on the answers to these three simple – but not easy – questions:
- Who are your stakeholders?
- What do they value?
- What are you doing in the next two weeks to add value to your stakeholders?
This information permits teams to sequences and prioritize work to maximize value delivery, and then track progress based on value delivered rather than via time and resources expended, story points delivered, etc.
During the workshop, we will work together to:
- Generate a complete, validated, prioritized list of the stakeholders for the team’s work
- Create quantitative, measurable stakeholder value statements
- Create a Landing Zone for the team based on the ‘vital few’ stakeholder values that truly define success vs. failure
- Generate and evaluate design ideas against stakeholder values to ensure the chosen design elements are necessary and sufficient
- Update and reorder backlogs and plans based on value delivery
After the workshop, the team will have:
- A complete list of stakeholders
- A quantified list of stakeholder values
- An explicit success definition (Landing Zone) for their work
- An understanding of whether the existing design ideas are necessary and sufficient to deliver what stakeholders really want
- Work that is sequenced according to stakeholder value delivered
- The ability to track progress based on stakeholder value delivery
Value-driven Delivery workshops typically run 2-3 days, depending on scope and detail desired.
The workshops are appropriate for teams of all sizes that are using traditional, Agile, or hybrid development methodologies.
Get in touch about this workshop.