Kanban System Design
Kanban’s greatest strength is that it models anything because it is very flexible. However, unlike Scrum, there is no base recipe to start from. The adopting organization must make every decision regarding how it will implement Kanban. Construx helps teams define a Kanban system and create a Kanban board that will work for their unique needs.
This engagement is conducted with teams that will adopt Kanban and includes the following activities:
- Construx teaches our one-day Kanban Essentials course to ensure a shared understanding of Kanban.
- A day of coaching with each team to build their Kanban system, including descriptions of deliverables, workflow, exit criteria, work-in-process limits, and metrics.
If desired, Construx will return and work with the teams to address concerns and continue the improvement efforts.
At the conclusion of this engagement, the teams will have:
- A shared understanding of Kanban.
- Their Kanban system and Kanban board.
- An initial set of metrics to use to monitor and improve their workflow.
This engagement lasts for three or five days depending on the number of teams participating.
One or more teams that want to adopt Kanban or are interested in improving their current adoption. Appropriate leaders within the organization should also attend.
3-5 day workshop