Agile Team Metrics
Learn a wide variety of questions and metrics you can use to significantly improve your ability to inspect and adapt.
About Agile Team Metrics
Duration: 2h 45m
Resources: Course Workbook
Inspect and adapt is a core principle in Agile software development. But how do you “inspect”? And how do you determine whether your “adapt” efforts are effective? This course illustrates metrics Agile teams can use to improve—the metrics have been chosen to work specifically with Agile development approaches. Aimed at the team level, the course is organized by 29 common questions teams ask themselves.
Metrics related to each question—most of which are monitorable across multiple sprints or releases—enable Agile teams to gain greater and greater insight into both their strengths and their areas for improvement.
After you complete this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify and remove the barriers to getting good metrics
- Build your own metrics program best suited to your Agile implementation
- Gain deeper insight into specific areas of Agile development
- Educate others, including leadership, on how to properly use metric
Your instructor—Construx senior fellow Earl Beede—has designed this course to let you pick and choose from many questions that Agile teams need to answer so as to monitor and improve their performance:
- What is our velocity?
- Are we on track to meet our sprint goal?
- Is the definition of ready/done good enough?
- Are we on track for the next release?
- What is the quality level?
- How much rework are we creating?
- And many more
This course is for:
- Scrum Masters
- Product Owners
- Development Team members who want to inspect and adapt their Agile implementation
- Managers and leaders who want to empower their Agile teams