Suggestions to Create the Ideal Class Environment
Construx instructors have taught courses in settings ranging from movie theaters and truck stops to cafeterias to bowling alleys. If you have some flexibility in arranging the classroom setup, we have found that the following arrangements work best:
- For most classes, a classroom style setup works best (i.e., rows of tables).
- A second arrangement that can work well is tables arranged in squares (i.e., two rectangular tables pushed together) with chairs around 2-3 sides, facing the instructor.
- For small classes (about 12 students or smaller), a U-shape set up can work well.
- For very small classes, seats around a conference table can work (size depends on the size of the conference table). Try to avoid situations where learners must twist sideways for extended periods.
- For certain classes, theater style (rows of chairs, no tables) works OK.
Most of our classes require participants to do some work in groups of 3-5 people. Ideally the seating set up will support this.
Projector and Projection Screen
Our instructors require a projector they can use with their laptop and a screen that’s visible to all participants.
Flip Chart or White Board
Clients will need to furnish a whiteboard with markers or a flip chart with markers that can be visible to everyone in the room. Certain classes require multiple flip charts for use during lab exercises.
Construx Training is typically scheduled between 9:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m., and that can be adjusted if needed.
For more information about our classes, please get in touch.