About this course
This two-day agile testing course dives into how to effectively incorporate developer testing into agile development. This agile testing training explores developer-focused agile testing practices including Test Driven Development (TDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD). You will learn the ins and outs of unit testing, including unit test patterns and anti-patterns, and how to use TDD to improve the efficiency of your projects while also learning what pitfalls to avoid. You will also learn patterns, principles, and refactorings to make your software more testable. And you will learn multiple methods to measure the coverage and effectiveness of your tests.
Throughout this course, you will participate in extensive hands-on lab exercises to gain experience using the agile testing techniques presented.
To get the most out of the labs, we encourage you to bring a laptop with your actual development environment (an IDE editor and a testing framework at a minimum). We provide code in C#, Python, Ruby, and Java for you to choose. We’re sorry we can’t provide support or help for any tool-specific issues.
You will learn to
- Describe how testing is effectively incorporated into agile approaches like Scrum
- Use Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) and Test-Driven Development (TDD) to drive the development process with reduced risk
- Write Unit Tests using the most efficient and effective patterns and tactics while avoiding dangerous anti-patterns
- Apply techniques and patterns for writing code that is more naturally testable
- Measure the extent of test coverage achieved by your tests
Who Should Take This Course
Developers who are designing code, writing code, and testing their code on agile projects. Also intended for QA Leads and Testers who want to gain a better understanding of the agile test practices that developers can use to test their code before the code enters independent testing.