When projects aren’t running smoothly the focus can become delivery at all costs–which leads to a downward spiral that includes poor quality, inefficiency, late delivery, and poor predictability. Drawing on our work with hundreds of leading companies, a Construx assessment zeroes in on prolbem areas and provide practical recommendations.
Questions and Issues
- How can we be more certain that our project will deliver on time, on budget, and with planned functionality?
- We have a project that’s veering off course; how do we get it back on track?
- Will our product scale to meet the needs of our growing customer base?
- What are the most important steps toward delivering a high quality, fully functional software product?
- What do other companies do in our situation?
Our assessment process is designed to allow us to a do a “deep dive” into your project, laying a groundwork for obtaining buy-in to the assessment results, while minimizing any disruptive impact on your staff. In our project assessment, we:
- Provide self-assessment materials to collect pertinent information that will be used in our assessment
- Review and analyze your work products to create a set of preliminary focus issues to guide the interview process (work products reviewed include estimates, project plans, designs, standards, source code, test cases)
- Conduct in-depth onsite interviews with select personnel
- Provide preliminary findings for your consideration and input
- Work together to craft actionable recommendations to achieve your business goals
- Present findings and recommendations to your company executives
Results You Can Expect
- Complete, detailed assessment report
- Identification of risks and issues that are blocking successful project completion
- Recognition of your project’s current strengths, ensuing that our recommendations do not interfere with your team’s successes
- Evaluation of weaknesses–from requirements to project management to testing issues
- Specific, prioritized recommendations