Understanding Software Projects Lecture Series
Check out my new lecture series, “Understanding Software Projects.” In this lecture series, I explain The Four Factors Lifecycle Model and how understanding that model means understanding virtually every significant aspect of software project dynamics. Current lectures are always free. Check it out at Construx OnDemand.
Here’s a longer description from the website:
Steve McConnell is the author of software industry classics including Code Complete, Rapid Development, andSoftware Estimation. He has been recognized as one of the three most influential people in the software industry, along with Bill Gates and Linus Torvalds.
Join Steve for this Groundbreaking Lecture Series that unlocks the secrets of effective software development. These lectures distill hard-won insights from decades of research and experience. They present learnings from Steve’s work with hundreds of companies and thousands of projects. Lectures are 10-20 minutes each and are easy to include in your work day.
Lecture Series Focus
In this lecture series, Steve explains The Four Factors Lifecycle Model, and he explains how understanding that model means understanding virtually every significant aspect of software project dynamics. Topics include:
- The role of Size in the Four Factor Model
- The role of Uncertainty in the Four Factors Model
- The role of Human Variation in the Four Factors Model
- The role of Defects in the Four Factors Model
- Numerous case studies that illustrate how to apply the model to gain insights into your software projects
With the deeper understanding of software projects you gain from this lecture series, you will be able to:
- Plan your projects to meet their cost, schedule, quality, and functionality goals
- Diagnose and correct your project’s problems faster and more confidently
- Accelerate the rate of improvement in your organization
- Respond appropriately to new developments including new technologies and new software development practices
Accessing the Lectures
Although the lectures build on each other, they may also be accessed individually. The series is planned to consist of about 50 lectures total. Lectures will be released through 2015 and 2016.
Steve’s most recent lectures will be complimentary at CxLearn.com for the duration of the lecture series. The full set of archived lectures can be accessed for $99; they are also included in Construx eLearning’s All Access Pass.