About this course
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
They will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
At the end of this course, attendees should be able to:
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
- Lean-Agile principles for Product Owners and Product Managers
- Lean Portfolio Management
- Visioning and Road-mapping
- Program-Level Prioritization with Cost of Delay
- Product Increment Planning
- Program Increment Execution and Delivery
- Responsibilities and Interaction Patterns between Product Owners and Product Managers
Who should take this course
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
Attending the class prepares individuals to take the exam and become a certified SAFe 4 Product Owner/Product Manager. Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
The following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe 4 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM) certification exam:
- Attend a Leading SAFe course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
- Experience with Lean, Agile, or other relevant certifications
For more information on SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification visit here.