About this course
Next class: April 13-14 | Register Now
In today’s world where the pressures of releasing successful products to the market quickly are only increasing, the product manager’s role is more important than ever. Learn the latest methods and practices for conceiving and building compelling offerings by improving your product team’s ability to execute through aligning around and delivering on your vision.
After the course, attendees will understand and be able to better utilize branding and envisioning to build the right product for the right customer, effectively communicate high-ROI product and release priorities with product teams and stakeholders, connect visions, strategies, and roadmaps to support product backlog creation, manage the tradeoff between functionality and non-functionality to increase buy-in from colleagues and stakeholders across the organization, utilize feedback and validation to drive innovation in product feature design, and evaluate the product team’s capabilities and capacities to ensure roadmaps and release plans are reasonable and achievable.
- Start With Why
- Product Managers versus Product Owners
- Product Management Terms and Definitions
- Vision, Strategy, Tactics: Who Owns What?
- Attributes of Successful Product Teams
- Prototyping and Pivots
- Branding and Positioning
- Strategy/Planning Alignment
- Overcoming the Innovator’s Dilemma
- Applying Lean Startup Principles to Build the Right Thing
- Thinking Differently About Product Roadmaps
- Planning Around Deliverables
- Prioritization Approaches to Maximize ROI, Minimize Schedule
- Aligning Roadmaps with Release Backlogs
- Users, Benefits, Features: Hierarchical Story Mapping
- No Unpleasant Surprises: Understanding Program/Release Status
Who Should Take This Course
This course is designed for personnel who will lead, participate in, or support the product management function, including:
- Product Management Directors and Managers
- Product Managers
- Software Development Leads and Managers
This course is designed for those who wish to understand more about product management. It is especially suitable for organizations looking to mature their product management organizational processes.
2-3 day course