- What is the ability of the vendor to meet its schedule and budget commitments? What is its track record in meeting its commitments?
- What are the satisfaction levels of the vendor’s current customers, including long-term customers? Does the vendor have any long-term customers?
- What are the vendor’s project-management capabilities? Does it have expertise in all aspects of software project management including size estimation, cost estimation, project planning, project tracking, and project control?
- Can you trust the confidentiality of the vendor? Does the vendor also serve your competitors?
- Who will provide product support, you or the vendor? Do you want the vendor to provide support to your customers?
- Is any litigation pending against the vendor?
- What is the vendor’s ability to rise to the technical challenges of the project?
- Has the vendor’s software development capability been evaluated by your technical staff or a third party? Were both technical work products and development processes included in the evaluation?
- What is the level of the vendor’s expertise in the application area?
- What is the level of the vendor’s expertise in the implementation environment?
- Is the quality of the vendor’s other software acceptable? Does the vendor have quantitative data to support its quality claims?
- Is the quality of the vendor’s work sufficient to support future enhancements?
- Is the vendor financially stable? What would happen to your project if the vendor encountered a severe financial downturn?
- Has the vendor developed software in an outsourcing capacity before? Is building outsourced software its primary business? What is the level of the vendor’s commitment to outsourcing?