Software Executive Summit Details Announced; Early Registration Incentive
- Posted on June 2, 2008 12:10:PM by Steve McConnell to 10x Software Development
- software executives, Management, Software Executive Summit, events
I am pleased to officially announce the details of the 2008 Software Executive Summit, to be held October 27-29, 2008 in Seattle, Washington.
The Summit provides a rare opportunity for top software executives to compare software development challenges and solutions in a small-group-discussion format. Their discussions are punctuated by thought-provoking keynote addresses by Martin Fowler, Ken Schwaber, Steve McConnell, and others.
For the past three years, 99.5% of Summit attendees said they would attend again within two years, and 100% said they would recommend the event to others. See more comments...
"Speakers were world class. I kept saying to myself, 'Wow ... this is something I need to bring back and teach my team.'"
--Bob Cymbalski, Director, Engineering, Motricity See more comments
Early Registration Incentive
Attendees who register by June 15 will receive 2007 Summit pricing of $3000 (goes up to $3495 after June 15) plus a credit of $2000 toward Construx's public seminars. Space is limited, so Register Now!
"Terrific conference. Great networking event. Being able to meet and learn from all the other software execs is a great opportunity. I've really enjoyed the conference. It's one of the few that I reserve a year in advance." -- Peter Scott, VP of Engineering, GeoMagic See more comments
Who Should Attend
At past Summits, 95% of participants have held titles of VP, CTO, Director, or higher. All participants have multi-project responsibility for software development at the organization or enterprise level.
Here are more details on the keynote talks this year:
- Steve McConnell, author of Software Estimation and Code Complete, “Secrets of World Class Software Organizations”
- Martin Fowler, author of Refactoring and Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture, “Cultivating Great Architects and Designers”
- Ken Schwaber, co-creator of Scrum, “Scaling Scrum”
- Travis McElfresh, VP Technology, “Driving Employee Satisfaction, Morale, and Productivity at MSNBC.com”
- Matt Peloquin, CTO, Construx Software, “Technical Lessons from the Software Wild”
- See more details
"Construx continues to provide a unique, relevant opportunity to interact as a peer group. Absolutely best conference, hands down." -- David Spokane, Director, Software Engineering Office, EMC See more comments
Here is a preliminary list of topics for the Summit's small group discussions.
- Upgrading Your SDLC
- Successful Leadership in Software Development
- Managing Global Development
- Guru Management: Special Issues in Managing Technical Personnel
- Lessons Learned in Agile Development
- Navigating the Planning Cycle
- Driving Improved Technical Practices
- Improving Productivity
- See more details
"The Summit is the only conference of its kind. It is a unique blend of presentations and small group discussions with high caliber attendees. Many tools, ideas, and useful practices were discussed at a rapid pace. Every software exec should attend every year." --John Colton, VP Engineering, Application Security, Inc. See more comments
For more details on the Summit, see the Summit home page or register now!