Construx Executive Summit 2012
- Posted on June 20, 2012 1:22:PM by Steve McConnell to 10x Software Development
- summit, Management, executive, events
A rare opportunity for top software executives to compare software development challenges and solutions with a highly select group of executive peers, hosted by Steve McConnell with software thought leaders Mike Cohn, Stuart Crabb, David Anderson, Karl Wiegers, John Clifford, and others. Space is Limited--Register Now!
The Construx Software Executive Summit provides a forum for top executives to compare, evaluate, and improve their Software Development experiences and strategies at the enterprise level. Through motivating keynote addresses and insightful small group discussions, participants will develop new insights into their own software organizations and will explore their challenges and opportunities with executive peers.
There is no other event that will give you this level of interaction with other technology execs in a very productive environment. Just a very good group of people who were very respectful of one another, very smart, insightful, and fun." -- Rick Logue, Vice President, Information Technology, ADP
see more >
The 2012 Summit will feature the following keynote addresses:
- Steve McConnell, Software Estimation in an Agile World
- Mike Cohn, GASPing Toward the Future: What's in Store for Scrum
- Stuart Crabb, Facebook's Approach to Building and Managing the Next Generation Workforce
- David Anderson, Delivering Better Predictability, Business Agility, and Good Governance with Kanban
- Karl Wiegers, Cosmic Truths about Software Requirements
- John Clifford, Software Dogfighting: A Strategic Guide to the Agile Organization more >
Year after year, Summit attendees report that peer discussions are the most valuable part of the Summit. This year's discussion topics include:
- Accelerating Organizational Change
- Successful Leadership in Software Development
- Beyond Technical Debt: Quality Practices
- Succeeding with Underresourced Teams
- Scaling Scrum
- Creating Effective Organizational Structures
- Managing "Core" Development (aka "shared services" or "foundations")
- Improving Productivity more >
Summit participants are top technical executives from companies slated to include Amazon.com, Disney, eBay, Electronic Arts, Facebook, Johnson & Johnson, Intel, Microsoft, Nordstrom, Shell, Tivo, and many other top technology-intensive companies. Reserve your spot today
The Invaluable Takeaways. For the past five years, 98.7% of attendees said they would attend again within two years, and 100% said they would recommend the event to others (see comments).
Benefits of Attending
Attendees will share and compare experiences with other software executives focused on software-development issues. You will discuss challenges in-depth via peer-to-peer discussions. You can explore issues with industry thought leaders including Steve McConnell, Mike Cohn, Stuart Crabb, David Anderson, Karl Wiegers, John Clifford, and other Summit attendees. And you will have the additional opportunity to participate in monthly dial-in meetings for two years following the Summit. Register Now!
Who Should Attend
"Most valuable: All of it. Peers, speakers, topics, very good. Money well spent."
see more >
Bruce Kenny, EVP, Technology & Hosted Ops, Webtrends, Inc.
At past Summits, 95% of participants have held titles of VP, CTO, Director, or higher. All participants should have multi-project responsibility for software development at the organization or enterprise level. In most organizations, executives at this level will have staffs of 50-100 or more. (In smaller organizations the total staff can be slightly smaller.) Attendees will be assigned to discussion groups based on profiles submitted prior to the Summit. Construx reserves the right to limit participation in the Summit to participants who meet the participation criteria of multi-project oversight in a C-level, VP, or Director role or equivalent.
The Summit will be held in downtown Seattle, November 12-14, 2012. Participation fee is $3500. Reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Reserve your spot today.
* This offer may not be combined with any other offer including public seminar early bird registration discounts.